Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go. He did have a article up to on how to do it too.

http://www.dratv.com/elup.html

Comment

Thanks. That setup has a different flywheel, and costs twice as much.

Comment

ATCnut where is the CDI pickup in your pictures? Also did your kit come with a new flywheel, didn't see that in any of the pictures also.

Comment

The CDI pickup is one of the coils on the stator plate. This kit uses the stock flywheel. The seller had me pull the cover and verify which of three different possible flywheels I had, so he could send the correct kit. The second pic shows the stator plate, and the CDI itself, that is the whole kit.

Comment

Here is a link to more CDI conversion units.

http://www.monkeybikeuk.com/acatalog..._Ignition.html

Comment

I'm bringing this back to the top..I got the same kit, but from a different user name, its probably the same guy, but I am having trouble getting it to work. I'm not getting any spark out of it...

ATCNut, can you take spme Ohm specs for me? I have 298 Ohms between the black wire, and the blue/white wire. I have continuity between the yellow wire, and the white/red wire? Does this match yours? I dont seem to be getting any output from the stator assembly at all...?

Comment

ATCNut - is that CDI still running strong?

I'm looking at THIS KIT right now....

Any updated info you have would be great...

Great install article too, Thanks!!!

Comment

Yeah that article was clear as a crystal, thanks for the info, it was so clear i think i might be able to install that system on a nATC 70

Comment

The trike that I had the kit installed on was the one that I lost to the DMV.

(Search the board you will find the details about that).

I was having a problem with the ignition right before I took the trike for inspection and lost it, but I had not done any troubleshooting to know what the problem was. The spark had just quit. It could have been as simple as a wiring short, or a problem with the kit itself.

The DMV let me remove the CDI stuff, but I broke the aluminum stator plate while removing it. Pissed me off.

I bought another of these kits to put on the 85 70 I have now, but have not installed it yet. I plan to check all the parts of the old kit against the new one and then use it as spares.

I need to get around to installing the new kit on my 70, but it runs so good with the points right now I have not been motivated.

JxxxOxxxE

Sorry, I do not remember seeing your post about needing measurements. Do you still need them? Hope you got your system working.

Comment

His instructions could have been a little better. You have to buy a oil seal from Honda, and there is one O-ring that I would have replaced if my local shop would have had one today. I cannot complain, because after I got things taken apart, and realized what I needed, the local shop had the oil seal. Without it, I would have been putting the points back in. The other think that happened is that I blew out my 6 volt lights. I put 12 volt bulbs in everywhere, and things are working again.
                      does this mean that doing the conversion changes it to a 12 volt system ? should i be able to run any 12 volt light wattage permited ?

Comment

This liging coil in the kit supplies a lot more wattage than the original ATC70 lighting coil. So yes you can run 12 volt bulbs of higher wattage

Comment

i think im gonna give it a shot i also have some old piaa lights sitting around the house i might try to fit thanks for the info

Comment

I would get it, very good product. I am gonna give it a real test tom.

Comment

Thanks for the help man. I ripped my flywheel apart (using the correct tool mind you) so my brother is getting my advanced cdi upgrade now!

I have his flywheel cover unbolted and after trying to figure out wtf to do to get it off I decided to turn to the Googles. Sprayed in PB and letting it soak now. Hopefully my next post will be about how awesome it worked out. His bike has a terrible miss that we are starting to think is compression and not ignition...

Sorry to hear about your loss.
                              Last edited by uhlhazard; 10-23-2012, 02:47 PM. Reason: spoke before reading... usual

Comment

U think I can run a led head light lime a rigid one that Hondaatc70.com sells them? It's a 9-12 volt set up or do I have to use and find a 6 volt

Comment

Working...
                                X