X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st 200x build

So I bought a 85 200x at hay days 2yrs ago and it now needed a rebuild. Took it in for a piston and to be bored over. 10.5 to 1 comp.wisco piston. It also needed a valve job. Engine will be done anytime now. Ordering new bearing for steering stem and fork seals. Sending the rear shock in also. Sandblasted the frame and some small parts to be powdercoated. Barnette cluctch kit. new 20x10x9 ambush tires. I thinking of some new fork boots and twist grip throttle possibly a larger carb. If i can find another header pipe for cheap then i was going to custom build a sweet one :p

I always wondered why so many people liked twist throttles and atvs and atcs

Comment

Less thumb fatigue on long days of riding

Comment

Originally posted by random-strike View Post
        I always wondered why so many people liked twist throttles and atvs and atcs
        i HATE thumb throttles. but i could jump on a atc/atv wit a thumb throttle, then jump on one with a twist and not notice anything. but i guess thats just me and my weak thumbs.

Comment

yeah i was worried about that, also in hill climb...

Comment

Have some new pics of my powder coated Parts and engine will be he later today!

Comment

Looks great, nice start!

Comment

yeah they look even better on my trike. Have the engine back and ready to throw so high temp paint on. Shock should be done this week. will be adding more pics tomorrow.

Comment

Do you know what kind of rear axle that is, must be aftermarket or off of something else it is pretty wide? I need one for my next 200x build

Comment

Its aftermarket but Idk the brand, I will check after work. Got it on eBay for 100.00

Comment

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I've seen a lot of 3 wheelers at hay days over the years. Usually way over priced.

Comment

400.00 with two bins of extra parts, fenders were new, wide axle, and dg exhaust. Got the best deal there!

Comment

I will be done painting the engine tonight and start putting it together tomorrow.

Comment

That's not bad at all. You ever come up north at all?

Comment

Almost have a rolling chassis again... axle nuts I tell ya. Boy those bearing can be a fun time as well. Engine only needs the top end put on and its all ready to go too!

Comment

Working...
                              X