X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the end all list... TOP SPEED of "my" trike

here is a list of the "aproximate" Average top speed of the majority of the most popular 3Wheeled ATV's. this list is based on severall criteria including magazine articals and test, manufactures "claimed" top speed, ( before lawsuits the manufactures were not afraid to post top speed in there spec sheets), and personall experiance using such equpiment as radar guns, atv mounted factory aproved and tested speedometers, side by side riding with comparable ( i.e. XL on-off road m/c's) by riding on flat paved sufaces on distance's of over two miles. (how fast your buddy, the cops, or whoever had to accelerate to to catch up to you on your trike is not the same).

NOTE, this is Based on brand new showroom stock 3 wheelers. NO modifications or 15yr plus machines. rebuilt or not. (there is more to a rebuild then just piston and rings).

Tiger 500..........................................................................90+mph
    Tiger 250..........................................................................85+mph

(note Tigers were not production trikes. each Tiger was hand made to original customer specs. this is just a average estimate)

86/87 Tecate 250.............................................................85mph
    86 ATC 250R.....................................................................83mph
    85 ATC 250R.....................................................................80mph
    84/85 Tecate....................................................................78mph
    86 TRI Z 250.....................................................................76mph
    83/84 ATC 250R................................................................74mph
    85 ATC 350X.....................................................................72 mph
    85 TRI Z 250.....................................................................69mph
    81/82 ATC 250R................................................................65mph
    86/87 ATC 200X................................................................62mph
    83-85 ATC 200X................................................................58mph
    83 ATC 185s......................................................................55mph
    81/82 ATC 200..................................................................54mph
    79-85 ATC 110..................................................................48mph

more models updated soon.

hopefully this will limit the number of "how fast will my trike go" post the are repetative

You left off the atc70 my kid wants to know how fast his 82 will go? I told him fast enough to get hurt if he hits something at wot.

Comment

how fast!?!?!?

question question how fast will my 85 250sx go?!?!?!?! :p

Comment

WHAT? Other than the Tri-Z, the Yamahas' got dissed again! Not to mention the 250SX. Any numbers available for these models?
        225DR/DX
        YT200E
        YT175
        YT125
        250SX

Comment

i want ATC70 speeds

Comment

Re: the end all list... TOP SPEED of "my" trike

more models updated soon.

Comment

but i cant wait that long mate

Comment

trike

hey trike, thats not "hard core" as i've previously been told.
                ok first i must admit it i've wimped out, sold out, biotched out, or whatever you guys want to bash me on. i've always been a hard core moto head and hard core trail rider. 250R's and 350X's all the way. well not anymore i'm now the owner of a 85 250SX

but....MR. ATC...if you would like to post the top speed for an 85 250sx, a few of us would be interested. thanks

Comment

What is the top speed of my 250es in reverse. Personally I think it fast ...... but the turtles disagree

Comment

I know yall are just dieing to know this. A 82 atc70 will go flat out for one mile with a 12yr old driving an amazing 29mph.

Comment

i have had my atc 250r at 73 mph as read by my g.p.s. i believe it is the original motor. keep in mind that i was at 4800-5000 feet above sea level. this was in some mud flats close to the Bonneville salt flats. many land speed records have been broken there. it is 1 hour from my house. i realy doubt a stock one has gone much faster...80 is hard to believe... i havent realy found any other places near me i can "openerup" all the way. oh and i had Melissa's r at 71.8. it is the cleanest looking low hour stocker in the world! lol

Comment

Originally posted by trike250cc
                        question question how fast will my 85 250sx go?!?!?!?! :p

haha, fast isnt the word!

for wild, I have had my 85-R up to 76 recently according to the GPS... and I have it geared down to a 12 in the front. I think the numbers you posed are pretty close.

(mods- FMF exhaust, uni filter, weisco & piston)

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas250RR
                          haha, fast isnt the word!

for wild, I have had my 85-R up to 76 recently according to the GPS... and I have it geared down to a 12 in the front. I think the numbers you posed are pretty close.

(mods- FMF exhaust, uni filter, weisco & piston)
                          what did the 12 tooth do for ya? what did you notice right away? stock is 13 right? mine will have a weisco soon with either a hone (sp) or bore. also will have exhaust mods.

Comment

Originally posted by wild200x
                            what did the 12 tooth do for ya? what did you notice right away? stock is 13 right? mine will have a weisco soon with either a hone (sp) or bore. also will have exhaust mods.
                            Tryin to keep up with me huh Ted????

Comment

Originally posted by mywifeknowseverythin
                              Tryin to keep up with me huh Ted????
                              naaa.. if i wanted to try that i would just get a simple port job... but i am quite content w/stock! i must be old

Comment

Working...
                              X