X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing a honda atc 110...

Hello, how do you time the valves on the 110? I have it all together and it has no comptression. I pointed the mark (circle looking thingy) on the upper gear straight towards the bottom gear while the engine was at Top dead center. The gear can only go on the cam ony way right?

Is the spark timing adjustable at all on these cdi models (pulse generator)?

Thanks in advance

re

anyone?

Comment

It seems like on most Honda's you align the T in the hole on the flywheel. Align the cam so the lobes are pointing towards the crank, when you slip on the sprocket there should be a O on the sprocket that points to a V notch in the head. After you get the chain on and the sprocket tightened down the T should line up in the hole at the exact same time the O is pointing towards the V in the head.

On a 200x behind the CDI cover on the head you can loosen two phillips screws to retard and advance the timing. Possibly a 110 is the same. Also on the pulse generator (thing that spins on the end of the cam) there might be a punch mark that lines up with somthing on the advance/retard plate, or somthing in that general area.

Maybe that will help.

Comment

Thanks a lot, that helped me very much.

Comment

Working...
        X