X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas wont stop leaking??????

I have an 85 200s. I recently took the gas tank off to patch a hole in it. When I put it back on and filled it with gas, it leaks out throught the two tubes on the carborater. There is one tube on the top and one tube on the bottom of the carborater. the look like some sort of over flow tubes. why is this happening?? It only leaks out when i turn the gas on (obveiously). Can someone tell me how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance!!!!
    Joe

Sounds like the float is stuck. A quick fix is to LIGHTLY tap the fuel bowl with a screwdriver handle. This usually works. The proper way to fix it is to disassemble and clean the carb.

fune

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have another question...what is the fuel bowl and where is it located?? would taking the gas tank off affect the float??? Thanks again
      Joe

Comment

the float bowl is a device that opens and closes the inlet needle nd allows fuel into the carb float bowl. the float is located inside the carb, it rests in the float bowl.

Taking the gas tank off could affect the float becuase you could have gotten something lodged in the passage of the needle and cause it to keep allowing fuel into the bowl and out the overflow tubes, this is why gas is leaking.

Comment

I find that if you plug the lines till the float bowl is full it will stop. the drain hole is all so the vent for the jet needle. when bowl is full it will acheeve a vacume and hold gas in bowl.

Comment

The float bowl is located on the bottom of the carb. It is usually screwed on with 4 screws and has a drain plug in the bottom.
            It kinda looks like a ......... bowl

good luck

fune

Comment

Thanks!!

Thanks for your help, I will try this!!
              Joe

Comment

You Know,,

Ive seen some stupid things and i have seen this before, did you put the gas line back on the carb in the wrong spot? like did you put the fuel line in on the vent tube!? ive seen it, bretty dumb, but when you do the gas pours out of all the orpises of the carb.

Comment

Working...
                X