X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350x replacement gas tank

I just pick up a 85 350x and want to replace the stock gas tank with a plastic tank. Between the Clarke and IMS tanks which one is better as far as fitment and overall quality?
    Thanks

i would like to know this too. i want a different tank for the X i just picked up. the tank is the "sore spot".

Comment

The IMS fits better, has a higher capacity and the mounting is better.....

Comment

I was also thinking of replacing my tank. I seen the IMS have 2.5gal and 4 gallon tanks,has anyone seen or used these larger tanks before? How is it? They do not show any pics of them. I have a buddy who has the Clarke tank on his X and it looks pretty good and he has not said anything bad about it. I will see if I can get a few pics to post from him.

Comment

I have a oversize IMS tank on my CR250 and the fit is good, but you have to work with some as it dosen't bolt up as easy as the stock tank. I was thinking this issue could be due to it being oversize, but I guess it could be a design issue. If the Clarke mounts with no issues it would save me a little cash.

KcTriker it would be nice if you could get some info from your buddy about his thoughts on the Clarke tank and maybe some pics too.
          Last edited by jhopkins; 08-23-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Ive used both, The quality of the IMS is nicer and it fits a bit better, But i belive it is also more expensive.

Comment

I have the clarke on one 350 and the 250. the mounting was great on them both but the way the flares on the front of the 250 fit was a little rough. ordered caps and valves with them everything great there but the valve one the 250 has no reserve it is either on or off.

Comment

can someone post pics of the tanks mounted on a 350? i would appreciate it!

Comment

I have a red Clarke tank on my 85, Ill post some pics later when i get off work.

Comment

heres a pic of mine

Comment

Working...
                    X