X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda Paint Availability

Can you guys (in the US) get Honda Passion Red Paint from your local dealers? Up here it isn't available and I can't find a good match.

If any one has a paint code or have found a good match I'd love to hear about it.

Oh ya, I'm trying to match the red on an 82 250R so I think it's darker than the newer ones.

Thanks

Fune

Hey Fune, where is Ajax? I will see what I can find out, I want to redo my 85/250R as well.....

Comment

I live north of the 401 off of Harwood Avenue. Up in the newer subdivisions opposite Cosco (I assume you know Ajax well).
      My Honda dealer told me that honda stopped selling the paint and that I should get a bodyshop to match and mix the paint (expensive). I had some luck with Crappy Tire paint called Honda Victoria Red but it seems like that has been discontinued too. And that still wasn't a great match.

The paint quest continues

fune

Ajax Ontario.... There isn't an Ajax B.C. is there???
      Last edited by Fune; 04-25-2002, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I am pretty sure Dennis Kirk selles the Honda Paint.

Comment

i think its called chevy competition red, im not sure, but friend redid his 250r, and the color is exact ill talk to him and post back

Comment

If u go to an automotive body shop they should be able to give u an exact matching honda color. But RED is about the most expensive color out there. Believe me it ranks up there with candy colors, alot of pigments. And painting a frame wastes alot of paint, alot of nooks and cranny's. I've had alot of sucess sandblasting and powdercoating frames. other parts just prime and paint. If you got the money look for some place around that does sandblasting, usually they will be set up to paint too. sand blasting really cleans the frame up nice too.

Oh and turbo if u think I'm putting anything called CHEVY red on my trike. Only little boys wear bowties!

I work in a body shop, and mix my own paint. I reckon if You are willing to pay for it, i could ship it. let me know, i never relized it was a problem.
            Last edited by bonzdo350x; 04-25-2002, 09:14 PM.

Comment

hey now, i never said you had to use it, i just said thats what i think the name of it is. i personally like chevy, but have owned both ford and chevy and have never had any problems with either, i like chevy more because of its interrior, its ride, and the power of the vortec chevy. if there is any misunderstandings here, i am not dissing fords, and wont diss them, i have pulled out fords from snow banks, and have had the same exact ones pull me out also.

Comment

sok turbo, i've owned a few chevy's too. I always prefered the stlye and class in ford bodies.

Back to paint, I tried to look up bike colors today and think i found them, but they come up as car colors too. I'm not sure if that is right. Monday I will place a call into my paint company and make sure i have the right code.

Everything is on the computer now, seems I used to have a book. but don't fret i will locate the right code. Once i have that i can mix it.

Comment

Bonzdo: Thanks for all the help, but I think there is another problem. The paint on an 82 250R is a darker red than the later models. Denis Kirk does have Honda paint but it's for 88-99. I think it is a lot more orange.

I'm gonna go look at some pictures and see how differant it is

fune

Comment

ok another thought. I know DuPont and PPG have these, scanners(?) Duponts is called "Chromavision" and PPG's is called "Prophet". I've had to call and have the jobber use them to come up with a color to match because of not having paint codes or just hard to match colors. I wish I had a sample of the paint. My jobber for PPG comes in 3 days a week. and could bring it with him. takes it back to the shop and puts it into his computer and it sends a formula to my computer, and then I can mix it.

Comment

Working...
                    X